Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Make Up Tip from Wonderlust Studio

Pretty In Pink


By Noelle Hetzel / Wonderlust Studio
Model Nicole Cournoyer Martin

There's a beautiful new trend sweeping the interwebs, and as simple as it is, I just have to share it with all of you!

We see the beautiful models of Instagram sporting these eyecatching designs that consist of a small shape such as a moon, star, or heart in the center of a smokey blend. The shape itself is your natural skin, and the colors around it blend out to accent the center design.

On the model in the sample shown here, I cut out a small design (a heart) on blue painter's tape. I placed the heart on my models cheek, pressing firmly so as to get a crisp clear shape. I went over top with a hot pink shadow, blending from the center of my shape outward using a patting motion.

Once I was happy with the color I peeled off my blue heart to expose the negative space beneath.

You can use a simple design like this one, or create elaborate designs by using multiple shapes and colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I Learned in the Chair: An Ode to Hair/Makeup Artists

What I Learned in the Chair:  An Ode to Hair/Makeup Artists By: Paige Dufresne Way back when, I was given advice for photo shoots: al...